Exploring Philosophy: An Introductory Anthology
About Exploring Philosophy: An Introductory AnthologyExtensively revised and expanded in this fourth edition, Exploring Philosophy: An Introductory Anthology is a uniquely accessible and engaging introduction to philosophy. Steven M. Cahn brings together exceptionally clear recent essays by noted philosophers and supplements them with influential historical sources. Most importantly, the articles have been carefully edited to make them understandable to every reader. The topics are drawn from across the major fields of philosophy and include knowledge and skepticism, mind and body, freedom and determinism, the existence of God, identity and immortality, ethical reasoning, abortion, euthanasia, world hunger, democracy, social justice, art, and life and death. The readings are enhanced by concise introductions, study questions, explanatory notes, and suggestions for further reading.
NEW TO THE FOURTH EDITION:
* More than fifty new readings greatly expand the book's coverage and its flexibility for course use
* More than half of the new readings are "Historical Sources," which introduce students to philosophical classics and help them understand the contemporary selections
* Four new sections--Identity and Immortality, Social Justice, Art, and Life and Death--extend the anthology's range into areas that today's students find especially compelling
* Study Questions after each reading help students test their comprehension and encourage class discussion
OFFERED FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH THIS EDITION:
* An Instructor's Manual features PowerPoint-based lecture outlines, reading summaries, a glossary, and a Test Bank of objective and essay questions
* A Companion Website at www.oup.com/us/cahn contains all the material from the Instructor's Manual along with student resources including self-test questions, suggested readings, and helpful links
About Exploring Philosophy: An Introductory Anthology
Create A Personal Gift Announcement Card to send to someone special.
You will need a printer connected to the computer in order to print the Gift Announcement Card.
If you would prefer to enter your information by hand after printing, just leave these fields blank and select "Print Gift Announcement".
Other Gift Options
On the Review step during checkout, you will have the option to mail a FREE postcard to the recipient announcing that a gift has been purchased for them. You schedule the date the card will be mailed; send it immediately or hold for perfect timing with a special occasion.
eGift AnnouncementPerfect for last-minute shoppers! On your order confirmation page you will have the option to send a FREE email gift notification. Choose from hundreds of E-Card designs and several delivery options. See an example.
Interested In More Gifts? Visit the Gift Center to discover great gift suggestions for everyone on your list.