Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I: 50th Anniversary
About Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I: 50th AnniversaryThis is the classic cookbook, in its entirety--all 524 recipes.
"Anyone can cook in the French manner anywhere," wrote Mesdames Beck, Bertholle, and Child, "with the right instruction." And here is "the" book that, for more than forty years, has been teaching Americans how.
"Mastering the Art of French Cooking" is for both seasoned cooks and beginners who love good food and long to reproduce at home the savory delights of the classic cuisine, from the historic Gallic masterpieces to the seemingly artless perfection of a dish of spring-green peas. This beautiful book, with more than 100 instructive illustrations, is revolutionary in its approach because:
- it leads the cook "infallibly "from the buying and handling of raw ingredients, through each essential step of a recipe, to the final creation of a delicate confection;
- it breaks down the classic cuisine into a logical sequence of themes and variations rather than presenting an endless and diffuse catalogue of recipes; the focus is on key recipes that form the backbone of French cookery and lend themselves to an infinite number of elaborations--bound to increase anyone's culinary repertoire;
- it adapts classical techniques, wherever possible, to modern American conveniences;
- it shows Americans how to buy products, from any supermarket in the United States, that reproduce the exact taste and texture of the French ingredients, for example, equivalent meat cuts, the right beans for a "cassoulet, "or the appropriate fish and seafood for a bouillabaisse;
- it offers suggestions for just the right accompaniment to each dish, including proper wines.
Since there has never been a book as instructive and as workable as "Mastering the Art of French Cooking, " the techniques learned here can be applied to recipes in all other French cookbooks, making them infinitely more usable. In compiling the secrets of famous "cordons bleus, " the authors have produced a magnificent volume that is sure to find the place of honor in every kitchen in America.
About Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume I: 50th Anniversary
Create A Personal Gift Announcement Card to send to someone special.
You will need a printer connected to the computer in order to print the Gift Announcement Card.
If you would prefer to enter your information by hand after printing, just leave these fields blank and select "Print Gift Announcement".
Other Gift Options
On the Review step during checkout, you will have the option to mail a FREE postcard to the recipient announcing that a gift has been purchased for them. You schedule the date the card will be mailed; send it immediately or hold for perfect timing with a special occasion.
eGift AnnouncementPerfect for last-minute shoppers! On your order confirmation page you will have the option to send a FREE email gift notification. Choose from hundreds of E-Card designs and several delivery options. See an example.
Interested In More Gifts? Visit the Gift Center to discover great gift suggestions for everyone on your list.