F1 Race Technology Magazine
No matter how good a driver is, in technology-led Formula One he is at the mercy of the competitiveness of his car. What are the factors that make a car capable of running at a competitive pace in qualifying and the race?
Although there is much secrecy in Formula One, each year this in depth review of the sport’s engineering gets below the sponsors liveries to explain precisely what is going on at the heart of the machines and the secrets of those that are quick.
- Intro: THE EDITOR - Ingenuity and invention are still very much alive across the grid, despite the strictures of the regulations
- Grid - An insight into Formula Ones fuel and lubricant development, Mercedes and wi-fi telemetry, and new technology for in-car sensors
- Digest: RENAULT R.S.16 - Renault’s reappearance on the Formula One grid has been a troubled one but, as Lawrence Butcher explains, its prospects are set to improve
- Technical Review: FORMULA ONE 2016 - Despite the few major changes to the regulations in 2016, teams still had plenty of development work to do. Lawrence Butcher reports
- Insight: AEROELASTICITY - Former senior Formula One aerodynamicist Willem Toet guides us through the controversial subject of aeroelasticity
- Digest: FORCE INDIA VJM 08 AND 09 - A change of wind tunnel facility in 2015 enabled Force India to get the best from its power unit and transmission, writes Lawrence Butcher
- Digest: MANOR RACING TEAM MRT05 - After its recent upheavals, and despite limited resources, the new Manor Racing Team is set to make strides up the rankings. Lawrence Butcher reports
- Focus: BRAKE SYSTEMS - How do Formula One teams optimise their brake systems while staying within the technical regulations? Lawrence Butcher explains
- Insight: COMPUTING IN FORMULA ONE - They may not be very glamorous but IT systems – and the way they are used – are key to on-track success, as Lawrence Butcher reports
- Technical Review: FORMULA ONE 2015 - Lawrence Butcher looks at some of the technical challenges the teams faced during the 2015 season, and how they approached them
- Appendix - Our rundown of the races, teams and suppliers for the 2016 season
- FORMULA ONE SUPPLIERS - Our listing of companies offering Formula One-level products and services
- PS: NO SUCH THING AS A NEW IDEA - If you think the use of concepts such as aeroelasticity and direct injection are recent innovations then think again
Really! Get a no-fuss refund for all undelivered issues. Enjoy the price savings of a subscription while keeping complete flexibility.
8,000,000+ Satisfied Customers
Over 8,000,000 customers and a continuous A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau since 1999. We do whatever it takes to take care of our customers.
You Might Also Like
About F1 Race Technology
Automatic Renewal Service:For your convenience, this publication is part of the Automatic Renewal Service. You will receive all the benefits of our automatic renewal program. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - cancel at any time!
Create A Personal Gift Announcement Card
You will need a printer connected to the computer in order to print the Gift Announcement Card.
If you would prefer to enter your information by hand after printing, just leave these fields blank and select "Print Gift Announcement".
Other Gift Options
Gift Subscription Options
On the Review step during checkout, you will have the option to mail a FREE postcard to the recipient announcing that a gift has been purchased for them. You schedule the date the card will be mailed; send it immediately or hold for perfect timing with a special occasion.
Perfect for the last-minute shoppers! During checkout, check the "Gift Subscription" checkbox next to the magazine you want to send as a gift and enter your gift announcement options.
Interested In More Gifts? Visit the Gift Center to discover great gift suggestions for everyone on your list.
Aimed at lighting designers, architects, specifiers, manufacturers and distributors, Mondo arc is read by the real decision makers in the architectural lighting industry. With features on the most exciting projects and installations from around the world including urban regeneration, retail ...
Rolling Stone is your source for the latest news in politics, music, movies, TV shows, and culture. Best known for interviews of the most influential people, reviews and its in-depth coverage of pop cultural trends of everything that matters today.Rolling ...
The Autumn 2016 issue of Creative Steps includes dozens of fun ideas for you to get crafty with your kids during the coming months - including autumn-inspired crafts, spooky Halloween makes, super Space projects. Diwali, Bonfire Night and a 12-page ...
Road & Track is a car and driving magazine dedicated to high-performance vehicles, vintage classics and modern marvels. Articles and photographs focus on new cars (sport, luxury and design), motorsports, exotic locations, automotive personalities and more! Road & Track is ...